Part of the Finance Team, the Accounts Payable role is to complete payments and control expenses by receiving payments, plus processing, verifying and reconciling invoices. This will initially be a 4 month fixed term with the view to being made permanent for the right candidate.
What is the role?
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions
- Charge expense to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense report
- Pay vendors by monitoring scheduling and preparing payments
- Reconcile the accounts payable to ensure all invoices and payments are accounted accurately
- Resolving purchases orders, contract, invoices or payments discrepancies and documentations
- Understand accounts payable detailing status
- Understand expense accounts and cost centers
- Understand compliances issues around accounts payable processes
- Verifying and investigate discrepancies, if any, by reconciling vendor accounts monthly vendor statements
- Generate and deliver reports to different departments as needed
- Work collaboratively with accounts payable other accounting staff to ensure accuracy in finances
- Actively investigate and resolve irregularities in both ingoing and outgoing payments
- AD hoc finance reporting’s as requested by Head of finance
What will you be doing day-to-day?
- Checking Emails, taking necessary actions, and replying wherever its needed.
- Generating Bank Statements.
- Bank Reconciliation.
- Downloading Daily Forex Rates from Central bank and Updating in Focus and Procim.
- Vendor Reconciliation.
- General Ledger Reconciliation
- Generating PO Through Focus.
- Releasing vendors payments asper due date.
- Look after the treasury transaction to maintain enough balance in bank accounts to release funds.
- Coordinating with Beirut office (Maya) for Day-to-Day work.
- Handling Office Petty cash and posting in to focus.
- Reconciling Site petty cash and posting in to Focus
- Assisting Other departments for Accounts/Finance related works.
- Updating Day to Day Transaction in to Focus.
- Coordinating with receivables accountant to Prepare VAT File.
- Assisting Head of finance for Day-to-Day Works.
What kind of person are you?
- Very good understanding of basic accounting principles
- Proficiency in English and in MS office
- Critical thinker and problem solver skills
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of database and spreadsheet software, such as excel
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping
- Thoroughness, data entry skills, attention to details, analyzing information